How To Ease Stress And Anxiety Using Reflexology?
Reflexology For Anxiety And Stress
Is reflexology good for anxiety? Reflexology is marvelous because it will relax you even while it promotes the repair and healing process of the internal organs . How is that, you ask?
- Reflexology is an alternative form of therapy originating from the ancient Chinese.
- This method or system is based on the principle that our head, hands, feet, and stomach have specific ‘reflex’ points like a map.
- These points are internally connected or linked to various parts of our body, stimulating energy pathways.
- Application of a certain degree of pressure on reflex points can positively affect specific organs.
- This can directly relieve stress, anxiety and restore optimal organ functions .
- Reflexology primarily stimulates the brain, pituitary gland, pineal gland and adrenal gland.
Can’t Wait To Try It
There are times when you are thrown off balance. Sleep eludes you, and even maintaining friendships become a chore. Without visiting a doctor or a pharmacy, anchor yourself with reflexology. There will be no side effects!
1. Reflex Point 1 (Wrist)
- This point is located on your wrist, a little below the hand
- From the base of the palm, measure two times a thumbnail width
- At the point where you see two large veins branch, place your thumb
- You can make a fist to make the veins stand out
- With your hand relaxed, press against the point
2. Reflex Point 2 (Palm)
- The point lies below your thumb, between your middle and index fingers
- It is right on the fleshy area near the thumb
- Gently press the thumb of one hand on the reflex point on the other hand
- Slowly curl and straighten them while you maintain the pressure
- Repeat at least 10 times and then perform on the opposite hand
Benefits: It boosts energy by stimulating the adrenal gland and helps you relax.
3. Reflex Point 3 (Nails)
- This one is quite simple
- Place one thumbnail on the other thumbnail
- Pinch the nail in the center and hold the pressure for about 30 seconds
- Repeat the technique with the opposite nail
Benefits: Nail reflexology stimulates the pituitary and endocrine glands. It keeps your hormones in good working order.